CP Creative's top 10 Interior Design Trends 2023
Get ready to give your home décor a new and exciting look as 2023 is set to bring some amazing interior design trends. This year is all about creating joyful memories by entertaining at home and using each room to its full potential while being sustainable with the use of recycled materials.
Here's our top 10 interior design trends for 2023 to keep an eye on:
1. Entertaining at home: As people start to socialise more after the pandemic, hosting gatherings at home has become increasingly popular. Entertaining friends and family in the comfort of your own home is a fantastic way to create memorable experiences, build stronger relationships, and express your personality through the design of your space. One way to make hosting more enjoyable is to create a designated entertaining area, such as a home bar or drinks cabinet, where you can mix drinks and showcase your favorite spirits. A drinks cabinet can also serve as a statement piece and focal point in your space, adding to the ambiance of your gatherings.
If your spouse decides to build a pub in the garden don't blame us!
2. Comfortcore: A real focus on cosiness in the home and soft, welcoming furniture that uses beautiful natural materials and textures. Spherical shapes and rounded edges will be popular when it comes to furniture and lighting. This trend has dominated fashion for the last few years, get ready to see its influence in the home.
3. Bold Colours and Textures: Another trend that's likely to be popular in 2023 is the use of bold, vibrant colours and textures. This trend is all about creating a sense of energy and excitement in a space, whether it's through bright accent walls, colourful furniture, or bold patterns on textiles. Designers will need to strike a balance between using enough colour and texture to make a statement without overwhelming the senses. Viva Magenta was voted Pantone colour of the year for 2023, a bright and bold crimson-red hue that represents optimism, joy, resilience, and outside-the-box thinking.
4. Dark and textured worktops: Dark, matt surfaces that add depth and texture are growing in popularity. Black and dark-coloured surfaces make an elegant and dramatic contrast to a mostly white or light, neutral kitchen.
5. Mixed Materials and Styles: In 2023, we can expect to see more designers experimenting with mixing different materials and styles in their work. This could mean combining traditional and modern elements, or incorporating unexpected materials like metal or concrete into furniture or decor. The key is to create a cohesive, harmonious look that feels fresh and unique.
6. Wabi-Sabi: The Japandi craze isn’t going anywhere. Deepen your approach with an understanding of this traditional Japanese design concept. Wabi-Sabi is an aesthetic that embraces imperfection, asymmetry, and simplicity. This style is all about celebrating the beauty of things that are imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
7. Floral Wallpaper: Wallpaper with large-scale floral patterns is a trend that is here to stay. This trend is perfect for creating a statement in any room.
8. Biophilic Design: This trend is all about bringing the natural world into indoor spaces, whether it's through the use of plants, natural light, or materials that mimic the look and feel of the outdoors. This trend is particularly relevant in today's world, where many people spend the majority of their time indoors.
9. Vintage Accents: Vintage accents add character and charm to any room. Pieces like antique rugs, vintage lamps, and retro prints are all great ways to incorporate this trend into your home. This is a great way to inject a bit of originality and personality into a space.
Maybe go a little more subtle than this!
10. Sustainability and Eco-Friendliness : One trend that has been gaining momentum for some time now is a focus on sustainability and eco-friendliness. In 2023, we can expect to see more designers incorporating environmentally friendly materials and production methods into their work. This could mean using recycled materials, reducing waste during production, or designing products that can be easily disassembled and recycled at the end of their lifecycle.
In conclusion, the design trends for 2023 are all about celebrating what makes you unique, expressing your personality, and being bold and brave with design decisions.
As an interior photography company, we are excited to see what new and inspiring design ideas we will come across in the coming year as we continue to photograph homes across London. We anticipate seeing more vibrant colors, playful patterns, and exciting textures, as well as eco-friendly and sustainable materials and furniture.
In conclusion, 2023 is set to be a year of unique and conscious design that incorporates individuality, sustainability, and creativity. Let's celebrate our differences and create beautiful spaces that reflect our personalities and values, while keeping our planet in mind.
All interior photos taken by our talented team of photographers in London.